Position in Organization:
Position reports directly to the Senior Engineer and has a functional reporting line to the Customer Implementation Manager. The Junior Site Engineer Intern does not have any direct or indirect reports. Internal contact is with the Customer Service Centre and within the local office. External contact is with suppliers & customers.
Watch a video about working at icolo at this link.
To provide technical, (preventative) maintenance, repairs, installation and customer service support in order adhere to agreed SLAs with clients and to maximize client satisfaction.
Execute maintenance and repairs of buildings and equipment in order to minimize ‘downtime’
- Day-to-day surveillance of building and equipment
- Support maintenance and repairs on buildings and equipment (e.g. generators / cooling) as scheduled by the Facility (team) manager
- Document all maintenance and repairs made on buildings and equipment in a timely fashion
- Co-monitor and co-direct repairs and maintenance executed by external employees and document the results
- Monitor equipment and installations to ensure adherence to safety standards
- Co-provide input on power usage and for capacity planning
- Act as a first point of contact for ESC for technical requests
- Acts as first line of response on alarms and handle or escalate alarms according to guidelines
- Participate in the full continuous (24x7) call-out team
Execute physical customer implementation process
- Under the co-ordination of the Customer Implementation Manager, co-install or co-supervise installation of customer equipment in the data centre and keep a complete record of the process and results
Provide service delivery of Value Added Services (VAS)
- Co-perform actual customer services as indicated in the client contract
Experience, Knowledge and Expertise:
- Secondary education in a technical field.
- Recent graduate with an electrical engineering background
- Qualified electrician certificate is a distinct advantage
- Minimum of 0 – 2 years experience as a technician in an electrical or industrial environment
- Knowledge of data centres is a distinct advantage
- Fluent in English
- Accurate and eye for detail
- Good communication skills
- Good administrative skills
- Good decision-making skills
- Flexible working manner