SCHEDULE 1: Job Description:
This position will report to the Finance Manager.
The Employee’s job description (“JD”) includes but is not limited to the following:
- To post financial data to appropriate accounts in QuickBooks
- Enter, update, and/or retrieve accounting data from automated system. Verify accounting journals and ledgers and other financial records.
- Prepare and submit customer invoices.
- Submit relevant withholding and VAT payments to Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Code, post and receive payments.
- Prepare and coordinate deposit activities.
- Perform all necessary account, bank and other reconciliations.
- Monitor customer accounts for non-payment and delayed payments and follow up with them.
- Prepare and process employee expense reports.
- Design, prepare and maintain Accounting and Finance Spreadsheets.
- Prepare draft Annual Financial Statements.
- Review new procedures, manuals and system enhancements and suggest revisions.
- Coordinate with subsidiaries for monthly accounts submission.
- Supervise the accountants and work with them to ensure timely processing of supplier invoices.
- Assist in month end reporting procedures both locally and to the Group.
- Assist in preparation of the organization cash flow and forecasting.
- Assist in preparation of the annual budgeting, regular review of financial plans and budgets.
- Other tasks as may be assigned.
Qualification and Required Skill
- Bachelor of Commerce – Accounting Option
- CPA qualified/ACCA qualified.
- A minimum experience of 6 yrs. in a similar position
- Experience with accounting software
- Analytical, documentation and presentation skills
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills
Additional Desired Skills
- Experience in working in a Group company setting.
- Experience with IFRS reporting