Job: Facility Manager
Location: Nairobi Kenya
Company: icolo.io has been established with the vision of building a Pan African network of co-location data centers. icolo.io builds and operate state-of-the-art (Tier 3), vendor and carrier neutral data centers to serve a broad spectrum of clients, telecom carriers, ISPs and peering points, IT and cloud providers, content providers and corporates.
The company has hyper connected data centre hubs in their countries of operations. It will differentiate itself from providers of hosting services by being the first independent data centre business to focus solely on co-location services (space, power availability licenses and physical interconnects). It is icolo.io’s objective to be the largest independent co-location data centre operator in Africa over the next five years.
To manage all local operations in such a way that operations are optimal, in terms of stability (minimum down-time), adhering to SLAs, cost effectiveness, security and ensuring client satisfaction is maximised.
Manage Operations team
· Ensures Operations team is motivated and dedicated with clear objectives.
· Constantly develop and optimise the function
· Participates in setting clear goals and managing the entity in co-operation with the Managing Director (responsible)
Participates as a member of the Management Team
Manage all facility (maintenance) activities
· Co-develops (preventative) maintenance schedule for infrastructure (generators, cooling, etc.)
· Manages execution of maintenance schedule
· Ensures full continuous (24x7) technical support is available to clients
· Manages and executes diagnostic / fault finding activities
· Maintains the Building Management System (BMS)
· Undertakes Capex justification for capacity planning
· Generates multiple operation reports (e.g. SLA reports and Customer Monthly Power Reports)
· Provides input into business cases
· Manages possible extensions / upgrades to current sites and build-outs of new sites in co-operation with the corporate engineering department
· Manages external site security agency
· Ensures quality and security of technical operations and procedures for auditing
Manage all service (VAS) Deliveries
Manages execution / delivery of all Value Added Services (VAS)
Customer Implementation Management
Manage all Customer Implementation Activities
· Manages the translation of customers wishes / requirements to customer implementation forecast
· Provides (escalation) support to the Customer Implementation Manager as and when required.
· Acts as a technical / operational interface between Icolo.io and customers
Ensure alignment with (external) regulation
· Co-ordinates (external) site audits
· Adheres to the Change Management
· Process and compiles the necessary change control and customer notifications for all services
· Negotiates and maintains (environmental) SLAs in line with agreed customer contracts
· Adheres to local fire, health and safety regulations
· Develops, maintains and implements business process guidelines for aspects such as troubleshooting, dedicated follow-up, timely status reporting and security
· To have at a minimum 2 meetings with each and every other facility manager within icolo.io each week, and to send the minutes to the COO only within 4 hours of the meeting, the meeting organisation to alternate equally between all Facility Managers
· To have at a minimum 1 meeting with each and every other Facility Manager within icolo and the COO each week, and to send the minutes to the COO only within 4 hours of the meeting, the meeting organisation to alternate equally between all Facility Managers
· Provide sales support
· Service Business Development
· Cost Centre Management
· Acts as a technical expert in (complex / high impact) sales and negotiations
· Responds to all tenders, technical questions and RFP’s
· Explores business options in terms of Value Added Services (VAS), drafts business plans and selects possible suppliers
· Manage and report on operational costs within the data center
Experience, Knowledge and Expertise:
Your application was submitted successfully.