Job description: Sales Director
Location: Based in Nairobi
iColo has been established with the vision of building a Pan African network of Colocation Data Centres. iColo will build and operate a state of the art, (Tier 3), vendor and carrier neutral data centres to serve a broad spectrum of clients - telecom carriers, ISPs and peering points, IT and cloud providers, content providers and corporates. The company will create a highly connected data center hub in their countries of operations. It will differentiate itself from providers of hosting services by being the first independent data center business to focus solely on co-location services (space, power availability licenses and physical interconnects). It is iColo’s objective to be the largest independent colocation data center operator in Africa over the next five years.
We are seeking a highly driven, quantitative, process, detail oriented and creative Sales Director who will develop and lead the sales team in Kenya. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team that is building a Pan African Network of Data Centres.
- Primary role is to build pipeline, close sales and develop the best sales team in the industry
- Build and maintain relationships with key decision makers and influencers, key business partners and influencers in technology space
- Educate customers on iColo’s offerings and develop a working knowledge of Data Center Infrastructure offerings
- Build outstanding sales collateral, assist with complex sales negotiations, customer presentations and lead in closing multiple deals
- Support and mentor the marketing department to be omnipresent on social media and with customers
- Improve the ongoing effectiveness/productivity of the sales organization
- Create of a yearly strategic plan with quarterly updates
- Hire, motivate, develop and mentor your sales team
- Establish sales objectives by refining annual sales quotas and forecasts
- Develop and monitor the team's key performance indicators (KPIs); anticipate and respond to market trends and changes
- Work closely with all departments and deliver cross functional leadership
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience in the Telecom/Technology, 5 years dedicated sales management. Colocation experience is plus
- An excellent network in the ISP, IT and Financial Services sectors in Kenya
- Good Excel skills, financial modelling skills will be an excellent advantage
- Can work in a non-office environment and is able to deliver without active supervision
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple concurrent projects and drive initiatives in a cross functional environment
- Knowledge of Data center market.
- Significant experience in leading a team of sales professional with a common purpose
- Significant experience with employee development and management.
- Strong customer focus and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ethics, values and the ability to influence and impact others’ decision making.
- Understand and develop social media strategies
- Marketing experience
Good to have
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and make decisions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including advanced PowerPoint/presentation ability.
- Copious amounts of humour.
Completed a graduate business degree or MBA program in an analytical field or business field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Business Administration, Finance, Management etc.)
- Unique experience of working in Eastern Africa with cool people focused on building a great business
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Heavily incentivised commissions