iColo is a technology infrastructure company that designs, builds, and operates state-of-the-art carrier neutral data centers in East Africa. iColo data center’s are highly connected hubs providing space and power to customers for colocation and we serve a broad spectrum of customers which include telecom carriers, local enterprise customers, global content delivery networks and cloud platforms. We have 4 data centers campuses which are located in Nairobi, Mombasa and Maputo.
iCoIo.io is part of Digital Realty (DLR) with over 285+ data centers in 26 countries across 6 continents. To learn more about iColo.io, please visit https://www.icolo.io/ or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Learn more about working at icolo.io here.
As a Product Manager at iColo.io you will be part of a team responsible for all aspects of planning, defining, creating, launching, and refining products and services, with emphasis around colocation (space and power). You will maintain a close relationship with the market (customers, prospects, and thought leaders) and drive growth and profitability for iColo.io. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
This role is cross departmental reporting to the COO and requires successful communications with all areas of the company;
- Executives to understand the business strategy
- Engineering to define and refine detailed product requirements
- The project build teams to understand schedules and building constraints
- Marketing to define a go-to-market strategy, product positioning, key benefits, target customers and market verticals
- Sales for engagement support and product training
- Research and develop market requirements for current and future data center locations, by conducting market research, interacting with customers, understanding needs etc
- Collect and Develop material for networks connecting to our Data Centres
- Develop and support the Internet Exchange strategy for each Data Center
- Works with Product Marketing to maintain and provide content for product related collateral and sales tools and position the product for all markets and all buyer types.
- Participates in various Sales Support activities, including: product and services training, seminars and documentation, and pre and post sales customer visits.
- Serves as an industry thought leader and presents the company vision at industry events.
- Drives projects through iColo Technology Steering Committee and reports weekly on product roadmap and project status.
- Be part of the core team that works on new country opportunities and is able to spearhead site selection, collecting data on network maps and other relevant information to build a new DCs.
- Strong communication & presentation skills, with formal public speaking and presentation ability
- Strong technical understanding of how Data Centres are planned, designed and built
- Understands networks topology and how networks are built, the working of Internet Exchanges
- Able to work with highly confidential information
- Strong analytical skills – ability to calculate and articulate ROI of products
- Experience and formal training in project and product management
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Able to manage stress in a high paced environment.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Is able to deliver to timelines that have been committed to.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor Degree (preference in electrical engineering) or equivalent experience in business or computer science
- Familiarity with Pragmatic Marketing framework
- 15+ years in product management or project management
- Experience with data center or colocation services
- Experience in launching new products and services
- Detailed understanding of Product Lifecycle
Good to have
- Understands finance : build a business case, P&L models and ROI
- Has good industry contacts to get access to information
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills
- Self-starter and requires no operating manual
- Managerial experience